Bringing Your Foreign Spouse and Children on a K-3 or K-4 Non-Immigrant Visa

You married the love of your life! Your greatest wish is to bring your foreign-born spouse to join you in America as swiftly as possible. The George McCranie Law Firm can help you reunite with your spouse in the fastest time possible.

Some couples choose a CR-1 immigrant visa, because it allows a foreign spouse to become a permanent resident of the United States the moment he or she enters the country. But others choose the more rapid K-3 spousal visa. The National Visa Center takes a shorter time to process a K-3 non-immigrant visa than it does for CR-1 immigrant visas.

The K-3 spousal visa allows married couples to join together quickly, without the pain of lengthy physical separation. It also allows them to bring their minor children with them to the U.S., using a K-4 dependent visa.

K-4 Dependent Visa for Children

A child qualifies for a K-4 visa if he or she is:

  • Under the age of 21
  • Unmarried
  • The child of a qualified K-3 visa applicant
  • Becoming a Permanent Resident without Leaving the Country

    The K-3 spousal visa allows a foreign citizen spouse to legally enter the United States as a non-immigrant on a provisional two-year basis. However, after entering the country, your spouse may adjust their status to become a lawful Permanent Resident (Green Card holder) at any time.

    Filing Two Petitions on Behalf of Spouse

    If you are a U.S. citizen who wishes to bring your alien spouse to the United States, we can help you fill out the forms and answer your questions about USCIS qualifications.

    Qualifications for a K-3 Non-immigrant Spousal Visa:

    • The foreign bride/groom must be legally wed to a United States Citizen
    • A Pending Form I-130, Petition for Alien Relative, should have been previously filed with the USCIS by a U.S. Citizen (petitioner), on behalf of his or her foreign spouse (beneficiary).
    • The U.S. citizen petitioner, must file an Alien Fiancée Petition, Form I-129F, to bring his or her spouse and spouse’s children to the U.S. to complete processing for Permanent Resident status.
    • Final Processing for a K-3 Visa at a U.S. Embassy or Consulate

      When the USCIS approves your petition, and the National Visa Center (NVC) has done the required security checks, then the NVC will forward the petition to a relevant U.S. embassy near your spouse for final processing of his or her K-3 visa.

      George McCranie Law Firm: Helping Spouses Reunite

      The team at the George McCranie Law Firm can help you rejoin your spouse and children in a rapid time frame. Call today at 912-383-7581 to learn more.